- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures has prevailed over another five bids from rival Hollywood studios to nab an untitled holiday comedy pitch based on an original idea from Booksmart director Olivia Wilde and writer Katie Silberman.
Wilde is attached to helm and Silberman will pen the screenplay.
The pair recently collaborated on Booksmart, Wilde’s feature directorial debut about two overachieving high school students who embark on an epic night of bad behavior right before graduation.
Wilde and Silberman will also produce the Universal film. Wilde is currently in production on Clint Eastwood’s The Ballad of Richard Jewell.
Silberman’s past projects include Set It Up, Isn’t It Romantic and the upcoming Most Dangerous Game.
Universal’s senior vp production Sara Scott and director of development Lexi Barta will oversee development of the project for the studio.
Wilde is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment. Silberman is with MXN Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day