- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ron Meyer, Universal president and COO, will be the commencement speaker at the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television’s commencement ceremony on June 15 on the UCLA Campus.
Distinguished Alumni Awards also will be presented to director and screenwriter Penelope Spheeris for film and director/actor Shirley Jo Finney for theater.
The commencement ceremony, at which TFT Dean Teri Schwartz will preside, will be dedicated to TFT founding dean Gilbert Cates, who died in October.
“We are very honored and delighted to have Ron Meyer as our commencement speaker this year,” Schwartz said. “Ron is a leader of extraordinary skill and vision. His industry insights, experiences and values should be of enormous inspiration to our graduating students. He is one of the most respected and distinguished executives in the entertainment industry and we feel so fortunate that he will be with us on this very special day.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day