- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures will open Jurassic Park 4 on June 13, 2014, the heart of summer.
Steven Spielberg and Frank Marshall are returning to produce the long-awaited next installment in the franchise, although no director or cast is yet attached. Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) are writing the script.
Spielberg — who only days ago revealed that Robopocalypse won’t be his next directing project — directed the first two films in the Jurassic Park franchise.
A fourth installment has been in works for years. Jurassic Park III, directed by Joe Johnston, opened in theaters in July 2001.
Marshall said in a July interview that Jurassic Park 4 would still rely on animatronic dinosaurs despite the advancements in technology over the past decade.
So far, the movie has June 13, 2014 to itself.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Mindy Kaling, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Honorees of White House’s National Medals of Arts
Ed Sheeran Goes on Intimate Journey in New Disney+ Docuseries ‘Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All’
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize
Jason Ritter Jokes His First Hollywood Job Was a “Full-on Nepotism Hire” Thanks to His Dad John Ritter