- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Univision said Thursday it has named former Goldman Sachs executive Francisco (Frank) Lopez-Balboa its new CFO, effective immediately.
Univision is the largest Spanish-language broadcaster in the U.S. and it is preparing an initial public offering that could raise $1 billion and value the company at $20 billion. One of the banks reportedly handling the IPO is Goldman Sachs.
Lopez-Balboa was most recently managing director and head of telecom, media and technology investment grade financing at Goldman Sachs. In his banking career, which also included a stint at Merrill Lynch, he has advised on and executed $200 billion in financing transactions.
Lopez-Balboa replaces Peter Lori, who has been interim CFO since February. Lori will remain with the company as executive vp, chief accounting officer and deputy CFO, reporting to Lopez-Balboa.
“Frank is a seasoned executive with the ideal combination of keen strategic thinking, media expertise and exceptional financial skills,” said Univision CEO Randy Falco.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day