- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sky Arts has debuted the first trailer for Urban Myths, the upcoming comedy starring Joseph Fiennes as the late Michael Jackson.
The British film, which also stars Stockard Channing as Elizabeth Taylor and Brian Cox as Marlon Brando, tells the story of a fabled road trip the three real-life stars took following the 9/11 terror attacks.
Amid backlash last year to news of the casting of a white man to play the King of Pop, Fiennes told The Hollywood Reporter last February that though the film is “not a biopic,” he understood why people were “up in arms.”
“The decision with the casting and the producers — I wrangled with it, I was confused and shocked at what might come my way,” said the actor, “and I knew the sensitivity, especially to Michael’s fans and to Michael’s family. It doesn’t negate who he was.”
The comedy also features Eddie Marsan as Bob Dylan, Ben Chaplin as Cary Grant, Aidan Gillen as Dr. Timothy Leary, David Threlfall as Samuel Beckett, Iwan Rheon as Adolf Hitler and Rupert Grint as Hitler’s friend.
Urban Myths is set to debut Jan. 19 on Sky Arts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day