- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – U.S. TV series dominated nominations for the 2013 Banff Rockie Awards, which were unveiled Thursday.
The best continuing series competition in Banff will be fought over by the U.S. nominees The Big C for Showtime, Fox’s The Following, The House of Cards for Netflix and the Canadian Bomb Girls drama for Global Television.
British shows dominated the best reality show competition, with two BBC series, DIY SOS and The Apprentice, getting a nomination each, as did Channel Four’s UnDateables, and CBC’s Redemption Inc. from Canada.
Banff also gave nods in the best mini-series competition to History’s Hatfield and McCoy series, BBC One’s Restless, Sveriges Television’s Death of a Pilgrim from Sweden and the Korean Broadcasting System’s Man from the Equator from South Korea.
Rockie Awards in 26 categories will be handed out at the upcoming Banff World Media Festival, which is set to run from June 9 to 12 in the Canadian Rockies.
A full list of Banff Rockies nominees is available at banffmediafestival.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day