- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The singer, who has been entangled in a heated custody battle with ex-wife Tameka Foster, told Oprah that they “don’t see eye-to-eye.”
“She made us enemies in a way that I could never understood. It wasn’t until I was on the stand, where I cried, when I realized, ‘Oh, this is an attack,’” he said.
The battle for custody over sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd Ely Raymond, 3, reached a resolution last month when Usher was awarded primary custody.
Usher emphasized that this was the first time he had spoken publicly about the custody fight.
“I’ve been a man of integrity throughout the entire process, which I hope my boys will understand. That’s the way to go. That’s the way to be,” he said.
Oprah visited the 33-year-old singer at his Alpharetta, Georgia, home during the interview.
When asked if he was faithful during their two-year marriage, Usher said he found himself “lost” towards the end.
“I just wanted out,” he said. “No. I was faithful at heart, but not faithful all the way. Even having a conversation with another woman, period, about matters of your relationship or emotions is, in my opinion, not being faithful.”
Watch a clip from the interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day