- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Less than two weeks after being injured in a jet ski accident, Usher’s 11-year-old stepson has died.
Doctors determined Kile Glover would not recover and he was taken off life support, TMZ reports. His mother was unable to pay for his continued medical care, after the family’s insurance coverage expired.
Kile had been declared brain dead since the July 8 accident, in which a family friend allegedly hit the boy with a personal watercraft while Kile and a 15-year-old friend floated in an inner tube. Jeffrey Hubbard, 38, was determined by authorities to have been the one to hit the youths on Georgia’s Lake Lanier.
“Basically, a pontoon was pulling two juveniles on an inner tube, and the watercraft ran over the top of them,” a Georgia official said after the accident.
Kile’s mother, Tameka Foster, was married to Usher 2007-2009, and had two son with him. In the wake of the accident, the singer moved to settle a custody battle with Foster for their sons. Last week, the singer reportedly offered his ex-wife generous terms, in consideration for her suffering over Kile’s tragic accident.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day