- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Usher‘s 5-year-old son has been hospitalized after a frightening accident in a residential pool Monday, according to multiple reports.
Usher Raymond V, the singer’s eldest son with ex-wife Tameka Foster, was admitted to the ICU at an Atlanta hospital after getting his arm stuck in the drain of a residential pool. TMZ first reported the news, while both ABC News and People have also confirmed.
PHOTOS: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2013 Induction Ceremony
According to TMZ’s report, the child swam down to the bottom of the pool in an attempt to retrieve a toy from the drain, when his arm became stuck. His aunt and a maid both dove in after him but were unsuccessful in their rescue attempts.
Two male contractors working inside the house then dove in and freed the boy, administered CPR and had him rushed to the hospital.
According to People, both Usher and Foster are currently keeping vigil by their son’s side. The former couple has another son, Naviyd Ely Raymond, 4.
The incident comes only one year after Foster’s 11-year-old son from a previous relationship, Kile Glover, died after he was struck by a jet ski on Georgia’s Lake Lanier.
A rep for the singer did not immediately return The Hollywood Reporter‘s request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day