- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jean-Claude Van Damme is still putting his martial arts mastery to good use.
In a new Volvo commercial, the action star performs – as he says in a voiceover – “the most epic of splits.” The ad starts with a close up on Van Damme’s face, and as the camera pulls away, it’s revealed he’s balancing between two trucks. Soon enough, the trucks drift apart, until Van Damme is doing the splits between them.
“I’ve had my ups and downs. My fair share of bumpy roads and heavy winds. That’s what made me what I am today,” Van Damme says in the voiceover. “Now I stand here before you. What you see is a body crafted to perfection. A pair of legs engineered to defy the laws of physics and a mindset to master the most epic of splits.”
The ad was filmed in Spain at sunrise on a closed-off landing field. It was done in just one take, and is meant to show off “the precision and directional stability of Volvo Dynamic Steering,” according to the company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day