- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michelle Obama and France’s Carla Bruni-Sarkozy were both recognized for their modern takes on First Lady fashion.
From Hollywood, actor/producer/singer-songwriter Justin Timberlake, who co-founded the fashion label William Rast, was named along with style risk-taker Lady Gaga, who recently received the CFDA’s Fashion Icon award.
First-time honorees Colin Firth (who almost exclusively wears Tom Ford) and The Social Network’s Armie Hammer made the cut along with repeat winners Carey Mulligan and Tilda Swinton.
The Duchess of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton) was recognized for her high-low classically elegant style that has continued to captivate post-wedding (style critics praised her Grace Kelly-esque Alexander McQueen lace gown). The Duchess’ recent 11-day tour of Canada and California included twenty-four outfit changes (Diane von Furstenberg, Jenny Packham and McQueen were all in the mix).
Other notables include Lizzie Tisch, NBC’s Brian Williams and celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day