- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Not to be confused with Focus Features’ Tina Fey–Paul Rudd comedy titled Admission, Admissions sees Farmiga as a free-spirited mom taking her driven daughter on a walking tour of a beautiful small college. Garcia plays a buttoned-up heart surgeon who’s taking his son on the same tour. With the parents failing to connect with their respective children, they head off on their own, with a surprise romance blossoming.
The script was co-written by Rodgers, who directed the well-regarded short The Response, and Glenn German. German also will produce alongside Sig Libowitz under his Look at the Moon Productions banner.
Ellen Wander of Film Bridge International will executive produce along with Sonya Lunsford (The Help), with Wander and FBI handling international distribution.
The Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group arranged the film’s financing and will sell domestic distribution rights.
Farmiga last appeared in Universal’s Safe House and recently wrapped supernatural horror thriller The Warren Files for New Line. She is repped by CAA, Authentic Talent and Literary Management and Peikoff Mahan.
Paradigm-repped Garcia, who produced and starred in the acclaimed indie hit City Island, will star in the upcoming indie films For Greater Glory and The Truth.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day