- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Sarah Paulson earned acclaim for her small but meaty role as a villainous slave mistress in 12 Years a Slave.
What she didn’t know was that Vera Farmiga was among her fiercest competitors during the casting process.
“I wanted that role in 12 Years,” Farmiga told Paulson during The Hollywood Reporter‘s actress roundtable. “It was a high-stakes role. Girl, I made a full-blown audition tape with hurdy-gurdies playing in the background.”
PHOTOS: THR Actress Roundtable
Paulson’s response? “Oh my God. That’s so extraordinary.”
The actresses made their comments during THR‘s drama actress roundtable. Read the full roundtable here for more from Claire Danes, Julianna Margulies, Keri Russell, Jessica Pare, Paulson and Farmiga. And see exclusive photos of the actresses here.
THR‘s roundtable series is part of the leadup to Emmys season, and has already included a discussion with TV’s hottest drama showrunners. Watch the uncensored drama showrunners roundtable here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day