- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vevo is gearing up for an international expansion with the hiring of a senior VP of International.
Taking on the role is Nic Jones, a digital media sales vet who most recently was chief digital officer for Starcom MediaVest. Previously, he held stints at MSN in Australia and Yahoo and was Digital Chairman of The Media Federation of Australia. Jones will be based in London.
Vevo is the music video hub owned in part by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment. It expanded service to the UK this past April, and has long eyed a broader international role. Jones’ job will be to focus on landing the sponsors and advertisers to make that happen. Separately, Vevo will have to endure the painstaking process of negotiating territory-by-territory licenses required.
The company’s two-year anniversary is approaching in December.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood