- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The show’s return comes with a slightly reimagined format, where for the first time the concerts will be broadcast live on VH1. Additionally, in the new season musicians will pick a venue that has some some personal meaning to them.
The show’s standard format, of a performer speaking about the inspiration behind his or her songs, will remain.
Sheeran will perform at the 400-person Whelan’s in Dublin, Ireland, because it is where he watched Irish singer Damien Rice about a decade ago — an experience that changed his life.
“It’s amazing to come back to perform at a place that means so much to me personally,” Sheeran told Rolling Stone. “I was only about 11 or 12 years old when I saw Damien [Rice] play at Whelan’s, and that night literally changed my life. The time he spent talking with me after the show made all the difference. It inspired me in a way that I only hope to do for someone else.”
VH1.com will also feature a 30-minute aftershow featuring Sheeran following the performance. More performers set to appear on the new season of VH1 Storytellers Live will be announced soon.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day