- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta returns tonight for a third season, it’s getting a big social makeover.
This season, digital series Check Yourself — where cast members from the reality series watch and react to important moments on the show — will be integrated into the show itself. Two or three times an episode, during an high-drama moment, an Instagram photo will appear with one of the character’s reactions will appear on screen. That photo will then become available for viewing on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and the full Check Yourself episode will be posted to the VH1 website.
“The astounding social chatter surrounding last season of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta was a signal to us that the fans wanted and needed more to engage with over the course of the season,” said Dave Perry, vice president of on-air and multi-platform creative at VH1.
VH1 will also ask fans to submit their own reactions with the hashtag #CheckYoSelfie. Some of these photos will be shows on-air during encore airings of Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta.
The series, which follows the lives of several Atlanta women involved in the hip hop music scene, has become a social juggernaut for VH1. During last season’s finale, 82,000 unique Tweeters generated 226,000 total tweets.