- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON –Victoria Beckham has been made an ambassador to promote the best of Britain worldwide.
The singer-turned-fashion designer will shoot a short film to support VisitBritain’s ‘Great’ campaign, which will feature one of her creations, according to the Daily Mail.
She will play a leading role in the ‘Fashion is Great’ part of the campaign, it was announced at New York Fashion Week.
The former Spice Girl will also promote Britain to visitors, students and investors.
Prime Minister David Cameron said: “British fashion is a hugely important global industry and our designers have the talent, creativity and skills to rival anywhere in the world.
“Contributing over £20 billion to the British economy each year, our industry inspires.
“Fashion is a truly great British success story.”
Mrs Beckham’s ready-to-wear collection is handmade in the U.K. and stocked in over 300 retail stores around the world.
In New York, Sir Peter Westmacott, the British ambassador to the U.S., said at the launch event at New York’s Grand Central Station: “As the U.K. gears up for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, there’s no better time to celebrate the best that Britain has to offer.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day