- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The latest look at 22 Jump Street features plenty of self-aware humor, breezy comedy and banter between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum.
“Nobody cared about the Jump Street reboot, but you got lucky,” wryly says Nick Offerman‘s Deputy Chief Hardy to Channing and Hill’s police officers. The trailer showcases the gist of the sequel — now the police duo is going to a local university to stop some drug dealing scheme. Beer-soaked college humor, self-deprecating quips and gunfire ensues.
STORY: Jonah Hill Says He Was Paid $60K for ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’
The remake 21 Jump Street originally hit screens in March 2012, debuting to generally favorable reviews and winning its opening weekend with $36 million. The film, budgeted at $42 million, eventually grossed over $200 million worldwide.
The comedy sequel is scheduled to hit theaters on June 13, where it will debut against 20th Century Fox’s animated How to Train Your Dragon 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day