- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson had the honor of throwing out the first pitch at the New York Mets-Pittsburgh Pirates game Tuesday, and the hip-hop star can now add “worst pitch ever” to his long list of accomplishments.
While there is no doubting his musical talents — he’s sold more than 30 million albums globally and has been Grammy-nominated 14 times — the Get Rich or Die Tryin’ rapper has a terrible arm.
Dressed in a pinstriped Mets jersey with “Jackson” and the number “50” emblazoned on the back, his erratic toss at Citi Field was so off-target that it has been speculated that the move was a deliberate attempt to land on SportsCenter‘s “Not Top 10” list.
Several days earlier, 50 Cent boasted about his ceremonial first pitch on Twitter, saying at the time: “This is gonna be good.” He has yet to tweet about his outing.
— 50cent (@50cent) May 24, 2014
That can’t be said of the rest of the Twitterverse. His first pitch quickly became a viral video by the time the game reached the third inning — and before either team scored.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day