- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Along with the launch of Charlize Theron‘s new campaign for Dior J’adore fragrance, the French fashion house has released a video of the actress getting deep about starring in the latest J’adore film during an interview. She describes the latest campaign, which sees her climbing up a satin rope, as “an evolution that’s now rebellious in the sense of — we’re not just walking down a hallway in an apartment taking all the gold and excess off, but we’re actually climbing through a ceiling, and we’re going up.”
In addition to her deep, metaphorical thoughts (yes, really) on the the latest J’adore installment — directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino — get a glimpse at Dior’s couturiers working away on Theron’s dazzling haute couture gown. “There was something about this dress that wasn’t structured to the body and yet had beautiful lines. There was something dancer-esque about it,” Theron says of the hand-beaded dress that she wears to mark her decade-long run with the Paris-based fashion house.
Unlike Theron’s previous campaign, which featured her alongside holograms of Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly and Marlene Dietrich, the new commercial doesn’t feature Theron intensely strutting down a runway with a look ready to kill. Phew.
Watch Theron express her thoughts below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day