- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chloe Sevigny has landed herself a new film role, starring in Canadian e-retailer SSENSE‘s latest shopable video series. The actress stars in The Beckoning, a fashion-influenced short that sees Sevigny playing a heroine haunted by memories of her best friend.
“There’s always this drama, this undercurrent, these spooky feelings,” says Sevigny in a behind-the-scenes video of her latest project. “Here I’m playing off of this ghost, this woman who is kind of haunting me.”
Directed by celebrated videographer Maryam L’Ange with music by Eaux, the modern film noir was shot in the Los Altos Apartments, a Spanish-style building in L.A.’s Mid-City neighborhood. “It’s deep in the Hollywood history,” says L’Ange of the location. Stylist Emilie Kareh, who dressed the actress in pieces from the e-commerce website’s upcoming fall 2014 collection, adds: “Of course, there’s a touch of glamour, Hollywood glamour, because we’re in Los Angeles, California, shooting in a very glamorous place.”
Check out The Beckoning when it debuts June 26 at ssense.com.
Watch a behind-the-scenes clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day