- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A videographer got a really up-close look at a fireworks display by strapping a GoPro camera onto a drone, and the video he shot has gone viral.
Titled Inside the Explosion, the video has been watched nearly 6.5 million times on YouTube since it was uploaded May 13.
The videographer was able to get some incredible close-ups. He reportedly used a DJI Phantom 2 drone, which costs about $1,300, while the camera runs about $300. However, both managed to escape any damage while flying directly into the display.
As The Hollywood Reporter recently reported, unmanned drones carrying cameras are being used overseas on movie shoots, including The Expendables 3. In the U.S., federal law prohibits the commercial use of unmanned aircraft — in filming or for any other purpose — though supporters say they are safer and less costly to use.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis
Monday Night Football