- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for David Fincher‘s Gone Girl has been released, presenting a dark adaptation of Gillian Flynn‘s popular book.
Ben Affleck stars as a man named Nick whose wife, Amy (Rosamund Pike), disappears. While at first Nick seems like a forlorn husband, his strange behavior soon makes him a suspect. The trailer shows the increased pressure he feels as the police and media begin to turn on him.
Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, Scoot McNairy and Missi Pyle also star.
The final image in the trailer is a green-hued shot of what looks like Amy’s corpse underwater.
The footage is accompanied by a haunting version of Charles Aznavour‘s “She.” Richard Butler from Psychedelic Furs covers the song, and it’s a perfect fit for the creepy feel of the trailer.
Fox will release Gone Girl on Oct. 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day