- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What’s a “best dressed on the red carpet” list without Lupita Nyong’o?
Micaela Erlanger, who comes in at No. 3 on The Hollywood Reporter‘s 25 Most Powerful Stylists of 2014, has helped the Oscar-winning star shine on the carpet this awards season. And how did Erlanger meet the 12 Years a Slave actress? Through Michelle Dockery, whom she also styles.
In an exclusive cover shoot with THR, Nyong’o and Dockery tease their stylist for having certain expressions during fittings.
“If it doesn’t work, she just goes ‘no!’ ” says Dockery, pointing her finger with disgust.
Nyong’o also recalls that she wasn’t a widely recognized Hollywood boldface — let alone a style star — until she stepped out in Prada at last year’s Toronto International Film Festival.
“I had people call to say, ‘You know I heard of you but I didn’t really pay attention to you until I saw you in that dress,’ ” Nyong’o’ says, laughing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day