- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jay Z delivered one of the best quotes of the night at the 2014 Grammys, making a rare reference to his daughter, Blue Ivy, as he accepted the award for best rap/sung collaboration.
“I want to tell Blue, Daddy got a gold sippy cup for you,” the rapper said, turning his Grammy sideways.
Before the shout-out to his daughter, Jay Z thanked Timberlake, the producers and “the typical things.” Then he also took a moment to express his love for Beyonce.
“I want to thank God a little bit for this award but mostly for that and all the universe for conspiring to putting that beautiful light of a young lady in my life,” he said, gesturing to Beyonce, who was sitting in the front row.
He previously took the stage with Beyonce to open the show with a performance of their “Drunk in Love” duet.
Jay Z went into the night nominated for a field-leading nine Grammys. In addition to best rap/sung collaboration, he and Timberlake won best music video for “Suit & Tie.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day