- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Kathy Griffin referenced Justin Bieber‘s recent DUI arrest in her acceptance speech for best comedy album during the Grammy awards pretelecast.
Griffin, who has been nominated six times, won her first Grammy in the category, joining Whoopi Goldberg and Lily Tomlin as the only female winners of the award.
PHOTOS: 2014 Grammys Red Carpet Arrivals
She danced up to the stage during the pre-telecast ceremony at the Nokia Theatre, where many of the night’s awards are handed out before the live show airs on CBS, and excitedly accepted her award, name-checking a number of big stars.
Griffin thanked Oprah Winfrey, Ryan Seacrest, Paula Abdul and Lindsay Lohan — “any of the Lohans actually” she said — for helping her with her comedy.
“I have to thank a lot of people who got me here, darn it, and I don’t know all of them but they are an integral part of my success,” she said.
She also thanked Justin Bieber for giving her his “relax juice” in Panama City, where the pop star is reportedly hanging out following Thursday’s DUI arrest in Miami Beach.
PHOTOS: Justin Bieber and More Stars Behaving Badly
Griffin also referenced Bieber’s bust, thanking the Miami Beach police department for getting her out of harm’s way “as someone was drag racing down the street the other day, driving his Lamborghini with his dick.”
Griffin won for Calm Down Gurrl.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day