- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kevin Hart is apparently fond of wedding comedies. The actor—who stars in this weekend’s nuptialcentric Think Like a Man Too—plays a best man for hire in the first trailer for upcoming comedy The Wedding Ringer.
Friendless groom-to-be Doug (Josh Gad) hires Jimmy (Hart) to be his best man, but the ruse isn’t easy to pull off. Case in point: Doug and Jimmy inadvertently set Doug’s grandma on fire.
The film—with shades of I Love You, Man and Hitch—was directed by Jeremy Garelick, making his directorial debut. Garelick co-wrote the script with Jay Lavender, his co-writer on 2006 comedy The Break-Up.
Screen Gems releases The Wedding Ringer on January 16, 2015, presumably hoping the film has as much success over the Martin Luther King Jr. weekend that Hart’s film Ride Along did earlier this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day