- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney’s Muppets Most Wanted took the Super Bowl by storm, with Kermit, Miss Piggy and the gang getting the big-game treatment.
PHOTOS: 11 Outrageous Super Bowl Halftime Moments
The latest ad for the upcoming Muppets sequel quotes “critics across the Internet,” highlighting various Twitter users with humorous comments on the trailers that have aired thus far. One uses 47 exclamation points while another comments, “They go to Europe? Cool beans. I went to Paris once.”
But then, the trailer is taken over by pop-up ads, plus a final notice: “Your computer now belongs to Constantine.”
The film centers on Kermit the Frog’s fight to clear his name against a criminal imposter who looks like him.
Muppets Most Wanted stars Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey and Ty Burrell. Nicholas Stoller and James Bobin wrote the script, with Bobin directing.
The film hits theaters Mar. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Jonathan Majors Arrested for Alleged Assault, Rep Says Actor “Has Done Nothing Wrong”
The Woman King
Gina Prince-Bythewood to Be Honored at Black Business Association Salute to Black Women Event
Jeremy Renner Says Snowplow Involved in New Year’s Day Accident Is “Finally Making Her Way Back Home”