- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For the first night of his Austin road trip at the South by Southwest festival on Monday, the Jimmy Kimmel Live! host told the excited audience that he had an exclusive look at the second season.
“It is going to be set here in Austin next season,” he dramatically announced. “We have a sneak peek of True Detective season two.”
“Seth had a lot of thoughts about life, religion, dark thoughts…” said Kimmel’s brooding character in the video re-creation, before Rogen mocked McConaughey’s troubled character, Rust Cohle.
In town for the music and film festival to premiere his new comedy Neighbors with Zac Efron, Rogen went on to share his thoughts on Texas life with the talk show host.
“Have you ever ridden a horse?” asked Kimmel.
“Once, but he didn’t like it…it seemed unpleasant fort both of us. I wore cowboy boots one day to school, I think,” joked the Canadian.
Having been in Austin since Friday, Rogen revealed: “I am so full of tequila and pork that it is unbelievable. I have been eating [BBQ] with my hands!”
The wacky conversation between the friends ranged from getting high with Snoop Dog to lustful teenage boys at summer camp believing Ru Paul was a woman.
See the True Detective spoof below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day