- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The clip is shorter and more briskly paced than the first trailer and focuses on uplifting miracles — healing the sick, feeding 5,000 followers — drawn from New Testament accounts.
The 20th Century Fox film is a theatrical adaptation of the History Channel’s hit miniseries The Bible, which was produced by Burnett and Downey.
Diogo Morgado stars as Jesus in the film. Downey and Burnett recently explained a decision to cut the scenes that featured Satan being portrayed by actor Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni after his likeness was the subject of controversy last year.
“For our movie, Son of God, I wanted all of the focus to be on Jesus,” Downey told The Hollywood Reporter. “I want his name to be on the lips of everyone who sees this movie, so we cast Satan out. It gives me great pleasure to tell you that the devil is on the cutting-room floor.”
The film hits theaters Feb. 28, when the only other new wide-release entry will be Universal’s Liam Neeson action thriller Non-Stop.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day