- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Of the two versions — one titled “#Covered” and the other “#Uncovered” — the latter came out ahead in fan voting and premiered during the Super Bowl. It showed the soccer superstar heading into a photo shoot, assumedly without any clothing based on the photographers’ shocked faces.
H&M had previously posted a behind-the-scenes short on Jan. 23 that featured Beckham running barefoot, leaping from buildings and performing other stunts in the brand’s bodywear collection.
“He’s a magnet — you very much move toward him,” said director Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive, Only God Forgives) of Beckham in the short. “I needed to have David do all his own stunts. It always had to be David, even if it meant running on roofs, or jumping or climbing hundreds of feet up in the air.”
Viewers who watched the commercial from Samsung Smart TVs could directly purchase the promo’s featured pieces, making it the first shoppable ad on TV.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day