- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Idina Menzel hit the Radio City Music Hall stage with a ballad from If/Then, the musical in which she currently stars opposite her Rent cohort Anthony Raap.
PHOTOS: Inside THR’s Tonys Actress Roundtable with Idina Menzel, Jessie Mueller, Sutton Foster
Menzel, who plays Elizabeth in two simultaneous storylines traced by life’s seemingly nuanced choices, hit all the high notes and emotional depths of “Always Starting Over,” the final ballad of the Broadway production housed at the Richard Rodgers Theatre.
The theater veteran of Rent and Wicked, and the star of Disney’s animated hit Frozen, took the stage after Jonathan Groff introduced her as “wickedly talented,” in reference to when John Travolta flubbed her name just before she performed at the Oscars earlier this year.
Watch a clip of the performance above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Harassment in Hollywood
Los Angeles District Attorney Decides Against Bringing Charges in Armie Hammer Sexual Misconduct Case
Boston University President Accuses 2023 Graduates of “Cancel Culture” After They Boo David Zaslav During Commencement
Raising Our Voices
“Can I Invite You to Think Differently About Me?” A Candid Convo Between THR Trailblazers Eva Longoria and Niecy Nash-Betts