- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks is in need of a dress for a premiere, she often turns to edgy designer Vivienne Westwood. Although Westwood, who was recently named one of The Hollywood Reporter’s top 25 red-carpet designers, admits that she’s relatively unfamiliar with her client’s onscreen work.
“I don’t watch television and I don’t follow popular culture too much,” explains Westwood. “So I don’t know much about the program, except I saw a little clip of it once and [Hendricks] has always got something in her mind; it’s never a vacant expression”
Hendricks has been working with Westwood for about five years but says that she had been a fan of the English designer’s work for about 20. She describes the designer’s work as a “dichotomy of tradition and being active and always moving forward.”
Check out all of THR‘s Top 25 Red-Carpet Designers here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day