- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Another View co-host is headed for the exit.
Nicolle Wallace will depart the daytime talk show as a full-time co-host after one season, according to sources.
The offer is out for Wallace to return periodically as one of several rotating co-hosts, but it is unclear if she will do so. News of her departure follows Rosie Perez‘s recent tearful exit — also after just one season. Rosie O’Donnell left back in February citing personal and health reasons.
The View‘s roster has been in flux all season. Comedian Michelle Collins officially joined on Monday, one month after the addition of Raven Symone. The show is also in talks to bring Good Morning America Weekend co-anchor Paula Faris onboard.
Series vet Whoopi Goldberg, along with Symone and Collins, is expected to return.
Wallace was an important voice on the panel as arguably the sole conservative co-host — a role most famously served by longtime co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Before joining The View, Wallace served as a political commentator on MSNBC and Fox News. She also worked as the White House director of communications under President George W. Bush and was a senior advisor for John McCain‘s 2008 presidential campaign.
ABC declined to comment.
The View returns for season 19 in September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day