- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Crowd-subtitled, multilingual video streaming platform Viki has signed a multiyear strategic partnership with China’s Beijing Hualu Baina Film & TV (HBN), which will give international audiences access to TV dramas such as The Dream of Red Mansions and We Love You, Mr. Jin.
The partnership gives Viki users exclusive access for 48 hours to hundreds of hours of HBN TV shows and allows HBN to reach a worldwide audience through Viki’s existing global fan base of nearly 40 million viewers per month.
The announcement was made at a signing ceremony at the Viki Shanghai office. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
“Viki is very proud to be the only global digital platform that proactively connects with local production powerhouse HBN to open up its world-class TV shows and movies to an international audience of new fans who will also socialize and subtitle into dozens of new languages,” said Tammy H. Nam, CEO of Viki.
Liu Dehong, general manager of HBN, said: “We want HBN drama to be well known not only among Chinese audience, but also on the international market. Viki is such a global new media platform that it can help HBN fulfill this blueprint.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day