- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vimeo is adding two new series from New Form, the digital studio created by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard in partnership with Discovery Communications.
As part of the deal, New Form will adapt two digital shorts that premiered in October as part of its short film incubator. They are fantasy short Oscar’s Hotel, about the proprietor of a magical boarding house from PJ Liguori (aka KickThePJ), and sci-fi drama Parallax about a scientist who knows about an impending meteor strike from Sawyer Hartman.
Both series have received a 10-episode order and will be available exclusively on Vimeo On Demand this year.
The deal also includes two additional undetermined projects from New Form.
“New Form is at the forefront of producing supremely creative video from some of the most successful emerging filmmakers online,” said VImeo general manager of audience networks Greg Clayman. “Oscar’s Hotel and Parallax both exemplify intriguing and creative storytelling, which is what we celebrate here at Vimeo.”
Added New Form chief creative officer Kathleen Grace, “We see Vimeo as a forward-thinking and innovative partner.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day