- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vimeo is entering the original programming game with web series High Maintenance.
Created by casting director Katja Blichfeld (30 Rock), actor Ben Sinclair (The Big C) and Regarding Entertainment manager Russell Gregory, the 13-episode web series premiered on Vimeo last year. Now the New York-based online streamer has agreed to finance six new episodes that will launch exclusively on Vimeo on Demand later this year.
“We’re all huge fans of High Maintenance and couldn’t be happier to make our first original programming investment in a show that’s developed organically on Vimeo,” said CEO Kerry Trainor.
High Maintenance, produced by Janky Clown Productions, tells the story of a weed dealer (Sinclair) as he delivers his product to a diverse set of clients. Downton Abbey‘s Dan Stevens and comedian Hannibal Buress have both appeared in the series.
“We’re elated to be working directly with Vimeo to make our series with the creative control a television network would never afford us,” Blichfeld and Sinclair said in a joint statement. “Vimeo is a platform that truly celebrates filmmaking.”
Blichfeld and Sinclair are represented by Creative Artist Agency and attorney Kim Jaime at Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day