- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“It felt like a way to keep his memory a part of my family and a part of my world,” Diesel told NBC’s Natalie Morales as the two were riding in a helicopter in a video that aired on Monday’s Today.
Diesel added that he felt like Walker was with him as he and longtime girlfriend Paloma Jimenez welcomed their new child into the world.
“He was in the room,” Diesel said. “There’s no other person that I was thinking about as I was cutting this umbilical cord. I just … knew he was there.”
Diesel has frequently talked about the close bond he and Walker shared, often referring to him as his brother.
Furious 7, which NBC’s sister company Universal Pictures is releasing, hits theaters on April 3.
Watch Diesel talk to Morales about naming his daughter after Walker in the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day