- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After revealing her plans to adopt this summer, Viola Davis announced Tuesday that she and husband, actor Julius Tennon, recently welcomed a baby girl named Genesis into their family, her rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
The happy parents took a break from their new babe, stepping out for a night on the town for ELLE’s 18th Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills Monday night.
“[She] really is a new beginning,” Davis said during her acceptance speech.
It’s the first child for the actress; Tennon has older children of his own.
The pair discussed their plans to add to their family at The Help premiere in August. “We don’t have any children [together], but we’re about to adopt a baby,” Tenonn told E! News.
Davis added that the baby would be from the United States, saying they would adopt “domestically.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day