- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
How to Get Away With Murder‘s Viola Davis easily over-delivered on the wow factor at the Golden Globes on Sunday with her crystal-encrusted Marchesa gown. But what took the drama to the next level was her makeup — more specifically, her bold, berry-stained lips.
“The shade is a beautiful fuchsia pink with a blue undertone, and with her blue dress it was gorgeous,” says makeup artist Autumn Moultrie, who played up the navy shade of Davis’ dress using CHANEL Rouge Coco Stylo Complete Care Lipshine in Roman (which she slipped into the Golden Globe nominee’s clutch for touch-ups throughout the night.). “You must use a sheer lipstick with a lot of pigment to create a fresh look that still pops!” Moultrie says for those looking to nab the actress’s head-turning look.
The artist completed the look with equally striking eyes, sweeping CHANEL Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in Fervent Blue ($33) across Davis’ lower lid and eye rim, layered with metallic gray eyeshadow from CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Tissé Paris ($61) “to tone down the color,” followed by CHANEL Illusion d’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Illusoire ($36) lightly tapped on the lids. “It looked outstanding,” says Moultrie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day