- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Finding Hollywood’s favorite makeup brands just got easier. Violet Grey, the beauty site launched by Cassandra Grey (wife of Paramount chief Brad Grey), launched an e-commerce section called “Shop the Shelves” on Thursday.
“Shop the Shelves” features products from leading makeup labels including NARS, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Tom Ford and Bobbi Brown, to name a few. The highly edited selection of beauty offerings — which, according to the site, is curated according to a strict set of standards called the “Violet Code” — comes direct from the makeup kits of Tinseltown’s most in-demand makeup artists (including Claire Danes and Margot Robbie facemaker Jenn Streicher).
The site, which has featured Old Hollywood-inspired shoots with Jessica Pare and Eva Mendes, currently showcases Mad Men‘s January Jones, who shared that the most important beauty advice her mom has given her is that “if I kept making so many weird and ugly faces my face would eventually freeze that way. Luckily, I found a job where funny and/or frozen faces are encouraged. Also, to not over-pluck your eyebrows; a strong brow makes you look younger.”
Shop Violet Grey’s shelves here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Women in Entertainment
Women in Entertainment 2022