- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vivica A. Fox will star in the sci-fi film Crossbreed, playing the President of the United States.
Brandon Slagle will direct the Jaguar Motion Pictures film, which is centered around a group of retired military war heroes who are sent to retrieve an extraterrestrial being from an illegal medical facility using its DNA to manufacture weapons. Fox will play the President, who was a colleague of the team leader and handpicked him to lead the retrieval mission.
The movie, described as a throwback to action films of the 1980s, also will star Gotham‘s Stink Fisher, Devanny Pinn, Vernon Wells and John T. Woods. The indie pic will begin filming in Los Angeles and then Buffalo, N.Y., in October.
“When my producers brought up the idea of Vivica in the role, it was a lightning bolt,” said Slagle. “It was a fantastic idea. Someone who could light up a room but also has a commanding presence. Our President is positive and proactive, not the grim figure as is usually portrayed in these types of movies.”
The film is being produced by Liz Cuppie and executive produced by Donna and John Kopp.
Fox’s recent credits include Independence Day: Resurgence and the hit Fox TV series Empire. She is repped by Media Artists Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day