- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leave it to Vivienne Westwood to always make a statement — on and off the runway.
On Sunday, the designer presented her new men’s fall 2016 collection in Milan, sending her models down the runway in low-cut shirts, sheer numbers, striped suits and metallic dresses. Beyond the gender-bending attire, there was one accessory that caught our eyes: The penis necklaces seen on several of the catwalkers.
Despite the bold move, this isn’t the first time the phallus has appeared on the runway. Last January, Rick Owens had his models wearing tunics with cut-outs that had their man parts hanging out in the open.
The collection, titled “Be Specific,” draws inspiration from the designer’s “goal to save the climate, save the world and her fight against the criminal politicians,” according to show notes. Well, that’s one way to get people’s attention.
A photo posted by Vivienne Westwood (@viviennewestwoodofficial) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live