- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The British designer has upgraded the airline’s iconic red outfits, with silhouettes inspired by ’40s French fashion. For the female flight crew, Westwood’s revamped pieces include a doubled-breasted drape coat, an oversize high-collar jacket with a matching pencil skirt in red and Westwood’s signature hourglass heels.
Meanwhile, the male employees will sport a dapper three-piece suit in deep burgundy oxford weave wool, trousers in slim cut or regular fit and a pair of classic black oxford shoes. Fancy.
Of course, given Westwood’s commitment to sustainability, she designed the uniforms with reusable materials, including polyester yarn made from recycled plastic bottles.
If you’re catching a flight on Virgin Atlantic on Sept. 1 (or beyond), be sure to check out the in-flight attendants’ new threads — more than 7,500 crew members will be wearing the pieces — and don’t be surprised if you find yourself desiring a similar look, too.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day