- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Who knew Katy Perry was such a Britney Spears fan?
She and rapper Riff Raff showed up on the VMAs red carpet on Sunday in head-to-toe matching patchwork denim — a purposeful tribute to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake‘s 2001 American Music Awards ensemble.
Her strapless, rhinestone-studded modern-day iteration was designed by Versace (see telltale slit), and she paired it with a choker, belt and patchwork bag and pumps. Perry’s date may have been missing Timberlake’s denim cowboy hat but he sported a coordinating suit along with a shiny silver top, lots of bling and pink cornrows.
She stylist Johnny Wujek would agree.
Baby one more time, indeed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Mindy Kaling, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Honorees of White House’s National Medals of Arts
Ed Sheeran Goes on Intimate Journey in New Disney+ Docuseries ‘Ed Sheeran: The Sum of It All’
Mark Twain Prize
Adam Sandler’s Starry Friends Toast His Comic Legacy as He Receives Mark Twain Humor Prize
Jason Ritter Jokes His First Hollywood Job Was a “Full-on Nepotism Hire” Thanks to His Dad John Ritter