- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Justin Bieber may have had the most interesting hairstyle of the night, but there was another trend happening in the mane department: brushed-back locks, sans part.
See more 10 Most Naked Looks From the VMAs
Demi Lovato turned up looking like she’d just gone for a dip in a pool — which she probably wishes she had, considering the sweltering temperatures in L.A. The shiny, wet texture of her hair worked with the slick plastic disks of her Nicolas Jebran Couture pink dress.
Kim Kardashian also went wet, though her locks were perfectly smooth, not a comb mark or flyaway in sight. Gigi Hadid’s part-free look was dry and much more voluminous — along with her deep tan, it gave off a slight Orange County housewife vibe.
Read more This Is the Inspiration Behind Hailee Steinfeld’s VMAs Makeup
Girl Code’s Nessa also wore her hair back, with a slight pompadour. Jared Leto got in on the trend, too, with his pomegranate — ahem, pink — locks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day