- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adam Levine is a singer, a coach and a TV star and now he adds label head to his resume.
Says Levine of 222’s launch: “Starting my own label has been a long time goal of mine and I am thrilled to be at the point in my career where it is finally happening. I am excited for everyone to hear Matthew’s forthcoming album. Great things are in store for him with this release.”
Morrison will next appear in Lionsgate’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting and is also slated to join George Clooney in a March 3 reading of Dustin Lance Black’s play 8. Levine is current one of four star mentors on NBC’s The Voice.
“Adam and I share the same vision as we begin working on my record together,” says Morrison, who released a self-titled album via Mercury Records in May 2011. It peaked at No. 24 on the Billboard 200.
According to a source, Levine is currently negotiating with potential distributors while also staffing up to operate like a full-fledged record company with departments such as marketing, radio and publicity.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day