- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There are a slew of very successful celebrity fragrances for females, starting with top grosser, White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor, down to scents by Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Lopez — and they all make money.
But how many male celebs have had them? P. Diddy, Kanye West — and now Adam Levine.
222 by Adam Levine will be launched in May 2013 with ID Perfumes and will be sold in various sizes of fluid ounces at a suggested retail price of $36, $45 and $65, respectively, in both men’s and women’s varieties. Gift sets and ancillary products will be released seasonally.
ID also developed Purr by Katy Perry.
Of course, selling records has a lot to do with this deal for Levine — but so does being on The Voice, and of course, his looks and his appeal to women. Do guys buy scents from male celebs? Well, if they didn’t — this wouldn’t be happening.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day