- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The musical adaptation of Waitress is set to serve Broadway this coming spring.
As anticipated, Waitress jumps to Broadway after a successful tryout run at the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Mass., where it plays through Sept. 27. Directed by Diane Paulus, it also features a book by Jessie Nelson and stars Tony-winner Jessie Mueller in the title role.
The musical is based on the 2007 Fox Searchlight indie hit of the same name, which grossed north of $19 million domestically. Written and directed by Adrienne Shelly, it starred Keri Russell as a pregnant, unhappily married diner server in the deep South who makes extraordinary pies. She hopes that the prize money from a baking contest may provide her with the means to start a new life.
Waitress will be produced on Broadway by Barry and Fran Weissler, and Norton and Elayne Herrick.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day