- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Waka Flocka Flame condemned Caitlyn Jenner — and other trans people — as “evil” on Charlamagne Tha God‘s Breakfast Club radio show Friday.
“You know what the world is today? Women are afraid to be a wife and young males are afraid to be men,” Waka said, then condemning the media for promoting alternative lifestyles to impressionable young people. “It’s not cool … they’re not marketing families and husbands and wives. They’re marketing young girls, transgenders … it’s evil.”
“I ain’t got nothing against Bruce Jenner,” he said. “But you are who God made you, not who you became. That’s how I feel. The rapper continued that people who transition from one gender to another are “rebuking God.”
“God ain’t put those feelings in you, man,” Waka continued. “That’s giving into the devil playing tricks on their minds.”
On Friday evening, he took to Twitter to address his prior comments: “So now I’m #Homophobic because I don’t agree with #CatlinJenner Smh.”
— Waka Flocka Flame (@WakaFlocka) September 19, 2015
Watch the full interview below.
6:23 p.m., Sept. 18: Updated with Waka Flocka Flame’s tweet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day